Interested in serving your fellow Catholic Eagles and the wider UMW Community but not sure how? You have come to the right place! We have a lot of ways you can serve your peers in a way that you are not only comfortable with but that also fits with the talents, skills, and gifts that God has given you. Check out the list below for the different types of ways you may be able to help out.
- Weekly Social Committee: Join the Weekly Social Committee and help cook, shop and set up and clean up from our our weekly Supper Social, aka weekly Thursday dinners at the Catholic Student Center. Volunteers also help keep the kitchen and building organized and clean to maintian an welcoming atmosphere for all who come to the Catholic Student Center.
- Special Events Committee: Do you like to plan parties? Are you super organized and like to play the hostess when you have people over? If so join our Special events committee and help us plan and host a variety of special events through the year such as the Bishop's Mass Reception, Homecoming Weekend Events, Easter Brunch, and more.
- Weekly Formation Committee: Volunteers on this Committee will help promote our weekly formation activities such as our Sunday talk and small groups. Committee members would support the weekly formation event by by telling their friends about them, helping passing out flyers on campus, helping conduct surveys to see how we can improve the formation activates and events we offer.
- Friday Fun Committee: Join the Friday Fun committee and help plan and host out weekly Friday fun activity which begins around 9pm and last until midnight! As a volunteer you would get to help with the decorations and food, welcome guests to the events, and help with the set up and clean. Past Friday Fun Nights have included a Live Action Clue Game, Disney Night, Super Smash Brothers Video Game Tournament, Glow in the Dark Capture the Flag, Harry Potter night, and more!
- Outreach Ambassadors: Help establish a Catholic presence on campus and reach out to your fellow peers. As an ambassador you would help the Outreach Ambassador Committee Head with tasks such as tabling, passing out flyers, talking to new students about the faith, and more.
- Service Committee: Service Committee volunteers help organize the service activities for the Catholic Campus Ministry, primarily by planing and running our Service Saturdays once a month. Volunteers help coordinate with groups of students to go to places such as the local homeless shelter, nursing homes,and pregnancy assistance center to help them out by performing tasks such as yard work and playing basket ball with underprivileged children.
- Liturgy Committee: This committee is composed of our lectors, sacristans, altar servers(men only), and ushers as well as students who assist with other litugical tasks such as singing in our choir, leading night prayer, managing our Adoration sign-up, and setting up / cleaning up from our masses.