Are you interested in serving your fellow Catholic Eagles and the wider UMW Community, but not sure how? You have come to the right place! We have a number of ways you can serve your peers in a way in which not only you are comfortable, but also in a way that best fits with the talents, skills, and gifts that God has given you. Check out the list below for the different types of ways you may be able to help out.
- Weekly Social Committee: Join the Weekly Social Committee and assist with cooking, shopping, set-up and clean-up during our weekly Supper Social, (a.k.a. weekly Thursday dinners at the St. John Bosco Center). Volunteers also help keep the kitchen and building organized and clean to maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all who come to the St. John Center. Contact Megan Hellmann at email@example.com for more information.
- Special Events Committee: Do you like to plan parties? Are you super-organized and like to play hostess when you have people over? If so, join our Special Events Committee and help us plan and host a variety of special events through the year such as the Bishop's Reception after Mass, Homecoming Weekend Events, Easter Brunch, and more. Contact Megan Hellmann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Weekly Formation Committee: Volunteers on this Committee will help promote our weekly formation activities such as our Sunday Talk, and other small groups. Committee members will support the Weekly Formation event by telling their friends about them, assisting with the distribution of flyers on campus, and assisting with surveys to see how we can improve Formation activities, and other events we offer. Contact Elena La Dolcetta at email@example.com for more information.
- Friday Fun Committee: Join the Friday Fun committee and help plan and host weekly Friday fun activity which begin around 9pm, lasting up till midnight! As a volunteer, you get to assist with decorations and food, welcome guests to events, and assist with set-up and cleaning. Past Friday Fun Nights have included a Live Action Clue Game, Disney Night, Super Smash Brothers Video Game Tournament, Glow-in-the-Dark Capture the Flag, Harry Potter night, and more! Contact Elena La Dolcetta at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Outreach Ambassadors: Help establish a Catholic presence on campus and reach out to your fellow peers. As an ambassador, you will assist the Outreach Ambassador Committee Head with tasks such as tabling, passing out flyers, talking to new students about the faith, and more. Contact Kaylee Tye at email@example.com for more information.
- Service Committee: The Service Committee help organize service activities for the Catholic Campus Ministry, primarily by planning and running our Service Saturdays once a month. Volunteers help coordinate with groups of students in going to places such as local homeless shelters, nursing homes, and pregnancy assistance centers to help them out by performing tasks such as yard work and playing basketball with underprivileged children. Contact Kaylee Tye at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Liturgy Committee: This Committee involves lectors, sacristans, altar servers (men only), and ushers, as well as students who assist with other liturgical tasks such as leading night prayer, managing our Adoration sign-up sheet, and setting up and cleaning up after Masses. Contact Maddie Smith at email@example.com for more information.
- Music Ministry: Do you love to sing? Do you also have a good voice? Here is an opportunity to enlist your musical abilities in liturgical services for the glory of God. Join the Music Ministry, where you can take part in leading the congregation in sung prayer. We sing traditional hymns and some contemporary hymns, all of them in keeping with the solemnity, dignity, and theology of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. For choristers, the ability to read music is beneficial, but not required; to help us organize the choir we ask those who desire to join the Music ministry that they go through a basic chorister audition consisting of a reading and ear test so we can place everyone accordingly. Instrumentalists who are proficient with their musical instruments and who can take direction from the Music Director are also welcome. Contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org.